atom feed20 messages in org.apache.james.generalMarkMail: Powered by Apache James
FromSent OnAttachments
Jason HunterNov 7, 2007 6:36 pm
Stefano BagnaraNov 8, 2007 1:02 am
Danny AngusNov 8, 2007 1:36 am
Noel J. BergmanNov 8, 2007 8:30 am
Noel J. BergmanNov 8, 2007 8:34 am
Danny AngusNov 8, 2007 8:39 am
Noel J. BergmanNov 8, 2007 9:32 am
Jason HunterNov 8, 2007 10:46 am
Jason HunterNov 8, 2007 10:56 am
Danny AngusNov 8, 2007 11:12 am
Norman MaurerNov 8, 2007 12:16 pm
Norman MaurerNov 8, 2007 12:17 pm
Norman MaurerNov 8, 2007 12:18 pm
Jason HunterNov 8, 2007 12:36 pm
Danny AngusNov 9, 2007 12:15 am
Robert Burrell DonkinNov 9, 2007 2:52 am
Danny AngusNov 9, 2007 3:07 am
Jason HunterNov 9, 2007 3:10 am
Noel J. BergmanNov 9, 2007 9:52 am
Robert Burrell DonkinNov 14, 2007 1:39 pm
Subject:MarkMail: Powered by Apache James
From:Jason Hunter (jhun@acm.org)
Date:Nov 7, 2007 6:36:48 pm
List:org.apache.james.general

Some of you may have seen my announcement this morning on community@ about MarkMail, a new email archiving service.

http://markmail.org/message/q2dtugicwt6kzfdj

Apache James lives at the heart of the email ingestion pipeline, and I wanted to write in here to say thanks to the people who built such a useful tool. Having a Java-based extensible mail processor really simplified my life. If you see me at ApacheCon, let me know: I've got a T-shirt for you.

Funny story: It was when hitting some odd James behavior that MarkMail had its first "self hosting" moment. I noticed I could move files manually into the spool directory but they wouldn't be recognized until after a server restart. I searched on Google: "james server restart", "apache james server restart", and things like this. No luck. James is just too common a word. Then I remembered we'd loaded all the Apache emails onto our test system! Duh. So I tried "list:james restart respool".

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Ajames+restart+respool

Bingo!

I do have a lingering question whose answer I couldn't find in the archive:

* Is there any way to easily employ multiple match conditions (subject is X, sender contains Y) without setting up extra processors?

-jh-